• Kids need access to books outside of school.
• Create a library at home for your child. Fill this home library with their favorite books and magazines.
• Children need access to books that contain characters that reflect their own identity and experiences.
• Kids read more when they choose what they read.
• Let your child choose a place to read where they are comfortable and can focus.
• Let your child help choose the time when they read every day.
• Practice makes a great reader! Kids need time to read every single day, in and out of school.
• Reading 20 minutes each night will help your child grow as a reader.
• Kids need time to read each and every day over the summer.
To Download the PDF for this information click HERE
Para descargar el PDF de esta información en español haga clic AQUÍ