• Kids need access to books outside of school.
• Create a library at home for your child. Fill this home library with their favorite books and magazines.
• Children need access to books that contain characters that reflect their own identity and experiences.
• Kids read more when they choose what they read.
• Let your child choose a place to read where they are comfortable and can focus.
• Let your child help choose the time when they read every day.
• Practice makes a great reader! Kids need time to read every single day, in and out of school.
• Reading 20 minutes each night will help your child grow as a reader.
• Kids need time to read each and every day over the summer.
To Download the PDF for this information click HERE